If your company is considering the switch to virtual or hybrid AGMs, you will need a solution which fulfills the following requirements:
- Full image and sound broadcast of the entire event (optional in most cases)
- Secure authentication process
- Digital transmission of proxies up until online voting
- Option to send questions in text form via digital communication channels which can then be read out and answered by the board
- Prior to the meeting: sending electronic access data to shareholders so they can access the online shareholder portal
In markets where there hasn’t been any new legislation companies need to check that they’re allowed to carry out hybrid AGMs. If this isn’t the case, this is no doubt the year to consider making this change to allow for more flexibility in the future.