Virtual Events | Hybrid Events | Broadcast Event – Know the difference
Engage digitally with your audience. Present like a pro with amazing tools. Gather insights.
The COVID-19 pandemic is pushing the events industry to find innovative new ways to keep events going.
There is a scramble to get presentations, meetings, events, and training sessions online. Everyone is working on #PIVOTTODIGITAL. From online yoga classes to large scale events – it’s been amazing to witness how people are responding.
For us it’s awesome! It’s given us an opportunity show off what we’ve been able to do for years!
We combine international award winning technologies and a wealth of knowledge and expertise from our global partners with our 10+ years of supplying technology to 1000’s of events in South Africa and beyond.
You won’t have to look much further to get great advice, service and technology.
Taking Events Online
Firstly lets answer what are ‘Digital-first or ‘virtual events’ or ‘live broadcast events’ events? Simply put instead of being in one central, physical location all your delegates, sponsors, and speakers join an online environment from any location with a decent internet connection and participate via laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Virtual events can be simple, like a webinar, or more complex and include multiple speakers, sessions, and entertainment — a similar experience to a conference, exhibition or trade show, just not in person.
Did you know there are a number of benefits to doing things this way!
- Save money – no need to book a venue or catering, and printing costs. For the most part no travel or accommodation either.
- Revenue opportunities – using Event Apps wisely you can generate incomes from sponsorship, push notifications and logos on your live stream videos.
- Save the planet – lower carbon footprint, no printed programs, not airplanes, no car fumes.
- Reach a more people – if you market it well you could have people joining from all over the world!
- Attendance and engagement – it’s easier to measure when you’ve gone digital.
- Longer life spans – the recording of the event can be re-purposed and re-used multiple times.
Virtual Events, Hybrid or Broadcast?
Know the difference.
VIRTUAL EVENTS – The entire audience can attend online, it makes it accessible to everyone, or perhaps to invited guests only, and can also be reached via any device. Produced from client premises or a studio.
HYBRID EVENTS – Combines a physical face to face encounter with a virtual audience, some also refer to events that have both live and pre-recorded sessions as hybrid events.
BROADCAST EVENTS – Broadcasts take elements of both hybrid and virtual events to create a more approachable format for viewers. They are especially suited to shorter magazine-style programming, where a single or multiple live broadcasts are offered and audience can engage from different time zones at a central hub.